About On-Demand Learning
TechSherpas 365’s On-Demand courses provide you with access to official courseware materials and hands-on labs, empowering you to learn at your own pace. On-Demand allows you to design your training around your schedule, budget, and individual learning needs.
On-Demand Learning is a perfect solution for students who are unable to attend traditional instructor-led training due to schedule constraints. You receive the same materials and labs as an instructor-led course, with the added convenience of flexible scheduling and a lower price tag.
This On-Demand Course Includes:
- Official Courseware License
- Hands-on Exercises/Labs
- Certification Package:
- Practice exam
- official certification exam
This Service Strategy (SS) course provides you with an intense and focused exploration of the new and modified topics in ITIL® 2011. The course is intended for those who work within a Service Strategy environment and require a deeper understanding of the underlying concepts, processes and activities involved and associated management responsibilities and how they may be used to enhance overall service quality and service provision. The course focuses on the managerial and control aspects of the operational environment. This course has a number of study units and supporting exercises that reinforce the knowledge gained.
In This Course You Will Learn:
- Discuss the Service Lifecycle and Service Management as a Practice: Understand the Service Lifecycle and the objectives and business value for each phase in the lifecycle; understand and articulate “service” and be able to explain the concept of Service Management as a practice
- Explain basic Service Strategy Principles: Understand the key concepts, common principles and guidelines that will influence the performance of SS processes
- Identify Service Strategy Processes: Understand the managerial and supervisory aspects of the SS processes. Other areas of discussion include the roles and responsibilities (and their relationship to other Service Management processes), challenges, critical success factors and risks within each of the processes. The processes include:
- Strategy Management for IT Services
- Service Portfolio Management
- Financial Management for IT Services
- Demand Management
- Business Relationship Management
- Describe Governance & Organizing Service Strategy: Understand the role and impact of governance to the delivery of appropriate and effective services as well as the organizational requirements for strategy development
- Explore Technology and Implementation Considerations: Understand the role of technology to Service Strategy and explore concepts that have great impact on SS process implementation
ITIL® Foundations training is required prior to taking this course and it is highly recommended that all ITIL Intermediate Candidates have 2 to 4 years of Service Management Experience. If you plan on taking the ITIL® 2011: Service Strategy certification exam, then you must have taken and passed the ITIL® Foundations exam (or v2, v3 or 2011equivalent) and present the certificate to the testing organization in order to sit for this exam.
Before attending training for the certification it is also strongly recommended that candidates read the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications and, in particular, the ITIL Service Strategy publication.