While the Cisco Unity Connection software used in the class will be version 11.0.1, the course material is applicable to versions 8.x, 9.x, 10.x or 11.x. The concepts and the lab tasks are the same for most of the Cisco Unity Connection software versions.
If CMA v11.0 is offered the same week as UCA v11.0, at the same location, you can attend the CMA & UCA for $3995.00, giving you a $995.00 discount off the regular pricing for the individual classes.
Note: The course ware and lab guide for this course are being provided in an encrypted digital format. To be able to view your digital kit, you will need to bring a suitable device to view the content. You can install your digital course material onto a Windows PC, Mac (OSX 10.6 & up), Apple iPad (iPAD2 & up preferred) or Android tablet (v4.1 & up preferred). You will need to install an encrypted document viewer on your device to be able to view the course material. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- Explain the function of Cisco Unity Connection and the various interfaces that are used to access the system
- Describe the components that are required for user call processing by Cisco Unity Connection
- Implement the various features and options that are available to users in Cisco Unity Connection
- Explore the version 11.0 features and functions
- Use the various applications, tools, and reports that are available in Cisco Unity Connection
- Basic understanding of fundamental terms and concepts of computer networking, including LANs, WANs, and IP switching and routing.
- Basic knowledge of traditional PSTN operations and technologies, including PBX and voice-mail administration tasks
- Basic understanding of Cisco Unified Communications Manager
Who Should Attend
- IT support personnel
- Helpdesk support staff
The secondary audience for this course is as follows:
- Introduction to Cisco Unity Connection for Network Engineering Staff Personnel