About TechSherpas Boot Camps
TechSherpas boot camps are geared towards providing students with the necessary skills and knowledge to not only pass the Certification exams, but to also excel in their IT career paths. All of our boot camps are all-inclusive and include benefits such as:
- All CompTIA Training Course materials, practice exams and official certification exams
- Onsite Pearson Vue Testing Center
- Hands-on instruction by a certified instructor
- Lunch provided each day (in-classroom delivery only)
Airfare, lodging and transportation packages available
About this CompTIA Training Course
If you are getting ready for a career as an entry-level information technology (IT) professional or computer service technician, the CompTIA A+ CompTIA Training Course is the first step in your preparation. The CompTIA Training Course will build on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer (PC) software and hardware to present fundamental skills and concepts that you will use on the job. In this CompTIA Training Course, you will acquire the essential skills and information you will need to install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on PCs, digital devices, and operating systems.
The CompTIA A+ CompTIA Training Course can benefit you in two ways. Whether you work or plan to work in a mobile or corporate environment where you have a high level of face-to-face customer interaction, where client communication and client training are important, or in an environment with limited customer interaction and an emphasis on hardware activities, this CompTIA Training Course provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be a successful A+ technician. It can also assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA A+ certification examinations, 2016 objectives (exam numbers 220-901 and 220-902), in order to become a CompTIA A+ Certified Professional.
This CompTIA Training Course is designed for individuals who have basic computer user skills and who are interested in obtaining a job as an entry-level IT technician. This CompTIA Training Course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA A+ certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA A+ 220-901 Certification Exam and the CompTIA 220-902 Certification Exam.
To ensure your success in this CompTIA Training Course, you should have basic computer user skills, be able to complete tasks in a Microsoft Windows environment, be able to search for, browse, and access information on the Internet, and have basic knowledge of computing concepts.
The prerequisites for this CompTIA Training Course differ significantly from the prerequisites for the CompTIA certification exams. For the most up-to-date information about the exam prerequisites, complete the form on this page: http://certification.comptia.org/Training/testingcenters/examobjectives.aspx
At CompTIA Training Course Completion
In this CompTIA Training Course, you will install, configure, optimize, troubleshoot, repair, upgrade, and perform preventive maintenance on personal computers, digital devices, and operating systems.
- Identify the hardware components of personal computers and mobile digital devices.
- Identify the basic components and functions of operating systems.
- Identify networking and security fundamentals.
- Identify the operational procedures that should be followed by professional PC technicians.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot display devices.
- Install and configure peripheral components.
- Manage system components.
- Manage data storage.
- Install and configure Microsoft Windows.
- Optimize and maintain Microsoft Windows.
- Work with other operating systems.
- Identify the hardware and software requirements for client environment configurations.
- Identify network technologies.
- Install and configure networking capabilities.
- Support mobile digital devices.
- Support printers and multifunction devices.
- Identify security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls.
- Implement security controls.
- Troubleshoot system-wide issues.