About TechSherpas Boot Camps
TechSherpas boot camps are geared towards providing students with the necessary skills and knowledge to not only pass the Certification exams, but to also excel in their IT career paths. All of our boot camps are all-inclusive and include benefits such as:
- Free Retake Voucher (if needed)
- All CompTIA Training Course materials, practice exams and official certification exams
- Onsite Prometric Testing Center
- Hands-on instruction by a certified instructor
- Breakfast and Lunch provided each day
- Airfare, lodging and transportation packages available
About this CompTIA Training Course
The CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-006) CompTIA Training Course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career. If you are pursuing a CompTIA technical certification path, the CompTIA A+ certification is an excellent first step to take before preparing for the CompTIA Network+ certification.
The CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-006) CompTIA Training Course can benefit you in two ways. It can assist you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA Network+ examination (Exam N10-006). Also, if your job duties include network troubleshooting, installation, or maintenance, or if you are preparing for any type of network-related career, it provides the background knowledge and skills you will require to be successful.
This CompTIA Training Course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration, or who wish to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ certification (Exam N10-006). A typical student taking the CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-006) CompTIA Training Course should have a minimum of nine months of professional computer support experience as a PC or help desk technician. Networking experience is helpful but not mandatory; A+ certification or equivalent skills and knowledge is helpful but not mandatory.
To ensure your success in this CompTIA Training Course, you will need basic Windows end-user computer skills. To meet this prerequisite, you can take either of the following CompTIA Training Courses, or have equivalent experience:
- Using Microsoft Windows 8
- Microsoft Windows 8 Transition from Windows 7
- In addition, we highly recommend that you hold the CompTIA A+ certification, or have equivalent skills and knowledge. You may want to take the CompTIA A+: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-801 and 220-802) to gain those skills and knowledge.
At CompTIA Training Course Completion
In this CompTIA Training Course, you will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and be able to configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks. You will:
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Identify unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Implement routing technologies.
- Identify the major services deployed on TCP/IP networks.
- Identify the infrastructure of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Describe basic concepts related to network security.
- Prevent security breaches.
- Respond to security incidents.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Identify the tools, methods, and techniques used in managing a network.
- Describe troubleshooting of issues on a network.