- SY0-401 OR SY0-501
About TechSherpas Boot Camps
TechSherpas boot camps are geared towards providing students with the necessary skills and knowledge to not only pass the Certification exams, but to also excel in their IT career paths. All of our boot camps are all-inclusive and include benefits such as:
- Free Retake Voucher (if needed)
- All CompTIA Training Course materials, practice exams and official certification exams
- Onsite Prometric Testing Center
- Hands-on instruction by a certified instructor
- Breakfast and Lunch provided each day
- Airfare, lodging and transportation packages available
About this CompTIA Training Course
CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-401) is the primary CompTIA Training Course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing network services, devices, and traffic in your organization. You can also take this CompTIA Training Course to prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination. In this CompTIA Training Course, you will build on your knowledge of and professional experience with security fundamentals, networks, and organizational security as you acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network.
This CompTIA Training Course can benefit you in two ways. If you intend to pass the CompTIA Security+ (Exam SY0-401) certification examination, this CompTIA Training Course can be a significant part of your preparation. But certification is not the only key to professional success in the field of computer security. Today’s job market demands individuals with demonstrable skills, and the information and activities in this CompTIA Training Course can help you build your computer security skill set so that you can confidently perform your duties in any security-related role.
This CompTIA Training Course is targeted toward the information technology (IT) professional who has networking and administrative skills in Windows-based Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) networks; familiarity with other operating systems, such as Mac OS X, Unix, or Linux; and who wants to further a career in IT by acquiring foundational knowledge of security topics; prepare for the CompTIA Security+ certification examination; or use Security+ as the foundation for advanced security certifications or career roles..
To ensure your success in your CompTIA Training Course, you should possess basic Windows user skills and a fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking one of the following CompTIA Training Courses:
- Using Microsoft Windows 8.1
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Transition from Windows 7
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, or equivalent knowledge, and six to nine months experience in networking, including configuring security parameters, are strongly recommended. Students can obtain this level of skill and knowledge by taking any of the following CompTIA Training Courses:
- CompTIA A+: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-801 and 220-802)
- CompTIA Network+ (Exam N10-005)
Additional introductory CompTIA Training Courses or work experience in application development and programming, or in network and operating system administration for any software platform or system are helpful but not required.
At CompTIA Training Course Completion
In this CompTIA Training Course, you will implement, monitor, and troubleshoot infrastructure, application, information, and operational security. You will:
- Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security.
- Identify security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Manage data, application, and host security.
- Implement network security.
- Identify and implement access control and account management security measures.
- Manage certificates.
- Identify and implement compliance and operational security measures.
- Manage risk.
- Troubleshoot and manage security incidents.
- Plan for business continuity and disaster recovery.