This course provides a solid understanding of the fundamental building blocks of project management, and an introduction of best practices that can be used in all endeavors by all people across all industries. Participants learn, from experienced project managers, the concepts, terms, tools, and techniques needed to communicate about, organize, monitor, and successfully complete projects. Additionally, we utilize our students’ own projects for the “hands-on” exercises during the class to reinforce learning. Oh, and did we mention that participants have lots of fun as well?
This course serves as the foundation on which all other project management development builds.
PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, PMBOK, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Upon course completion, students will be able to:
- Utilize common project management vocabulary and processes that are shared across different industries
- Apply basic project management principles within your work environment
- Describe the importance and value of project management, best practices, and related benefits for successful projects
- Select the appropriate project management tools and techniques to deliver results on time, in budget, and with value
- Obtain the “hands-on” application of project management using basic tools, templates, and techniques
- Articulate the relationship between project management and organizational change management
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
- Beginning project managers, project coordinators, “accidental” project managers, and other team members who need to understand basic project management terminology and processes.
- Experienced project managers who need to refresh their skills.
- PMPs who want to update their knowledge and gain additional PDUs.
- Anyone who needs to perform project management in their current job or would like to investigate project management as a career.