The new Microsoft Certifications are now more role-based. We are sure that you have probably already heard of this since it is likely you keep up with world of Microsoft. Today we would like to give you an overview of what that means in connection with the Microsoft Azure cloud certifications, and which exams you are going to have to take in order to earn this certification.
New Microsoft Certifications: What’s new for Azure?
In general, there are three levels of Microsoft certifications:
There are now several role-based Azure certifications corresponding with these three levels:
- Azure Fundamentals – Exam: AZ-900 (Microsoft Azure Fundamentals)
- Azure Security Engineer Associate – Exam: AZ-500 (Microsoft Azure Security Technologies)
- Azure Administrator Associate – Exam: AZ-103 (Microsoft Azure Administrator), alternatively Transitions-Exam AZ-102 (Microsoft Azure Administrator Certification Transition)
- Azure AI Engineer Associate – Exam: AI-100 (Designing and Implementing an Azure AI Solution)
- Azure Data Engineer Associate – Exams: DP-200 (Implementing an Azure Data Solution) and DP-201 (Designing an Azure Data Solution)
- Azure Data Scientist Associate – Exam: DP-100 (Designing and Implementing a Data Science Solution on Azure)
- Azure Developer Associate – Exam: AZ-203 (Developing Solutions for Microsoft Azure)
- Azure DevOps Engineer Expert – Exam: AZ-400 (Microsoft Azure DevOps Solutions)
- Azure Solutions Architect Expert – Exam: AZ-300 (Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies) and AZ-301 (Microsoft Azure Architect Design), alternatively Transitions-Exam AZ-302 (Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect Certification Transition)
Build your Microsoft Azure expertise with TechSherpas 365
There are many good reasons for choosing TechSherpas 365 as your competent partner to build your Microsoft Azure expertise. We are a “Microsoft Gold Partner” for offering learning solutions with the highest level of expertise and competence regarding Microsoft technologies.
We offer a wide range of Microsoft Azure related training courses across all three levels from Fundamentals to Expert. Whether you are just starting out or want to take your Azure skills and IT career to the next level: We have the right learning solutions for you!
One of the benefits of our learning methods is that many of our courses can be taken in the form of a boot camp, which allows you to achieve your certification goal within just a few days. You also usually have a choice between our In-Classroom Learning (ICL) and Virtual Live Training (VLT), depending on whether you prefer the classroom experience or learning from the comfort of your own home/office.
Simply contact us for more information!
More and more businesses are using cloud-computing technology. Therefore, there is an increasing demand for people that possess the required skills better known as a Microsoft Azure Certification. One reason this technology has become popular is its ability to help saving on company investment of server space. Another reason for its popularity is because employees increasingly need to be able to access their files from somewhere else other than their stationary office work space. If you need to show that you possess cloud-computing skills and know how to apply them, a Microsoft Azure Certification provides you with just the right advantage over the job-seeking competition.
Microsoft Azure and the Microsoft Azure Certification
In our recent blog post, we have already elaborated on the six different Microsoft Certification Paths and the Microsoft Certification Map: The MCSA Certification (Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate) with 17 different focus area certifications that form the stepping stones to achieving that goal.
- one of the five MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) certifications
- or the MCSD certification, which stands for “Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer.”
Depending on which focus areas and key technologies you focus on while achieving your MCSA Certification, you can set the path towards a Microsoft Azure related MCSE/MCSD certification.
Why invest into obtaining an official certification?
It is true: Nowadays, there are many ways to achieve knowledge and to hone one’s skills. One can read books, subscribe to podcasts and newsletters, watch Youtube videos and much more. Theoretically, you might be able to work with Microsoft Azure without any specific certification in that area.
If you have chosen information technology and cloud computing as your actual career fields, then these kinds of self-taught skills are probably not enough to get ahead. Anyone can claim they possess the skills and practical experience, but if you want to make a sustainable career out of those, you are going to need to show corresponding credentials as a recognizable proof of your expertise.
When you are looking for a new job, your CV usually is the first source of information for your potential future employer, and they probably have to decide between a multitude of applicants. A convincing CV is extremely important, because this phase of the application-process is the first hurdle you need to master in order to make it to a personal interview. An official and industry-recognized Microsoft Azure Certification in your CV documents that you have participated in a structured education and made it successfully through the required exams is important. This does not only show your personal dedication, but also provides a certain security for the future employer, that they will be able to rely on you having received your education and certifications by a reputable and recognized provider.