Harnessing the Power of Microsoft’s Power Platform
The Power Platform from Microsoft is the low-code platform that spans Office 365, Azure, Dynamics 365, and standalone applications. This platform allows organizations and individuals to automate and transform tasks and processes, build solutions, analyze data, and create virtual agents.
Learn how one connected platform empowers everyone to innovate.
What is Microsoft Power Platform?
Developed by Microsoft, the Power Platform is a collection of applications for business intelligence, app development, and app connectivity. The Power Platform uses Microsoft’s Power Fx low-code language to express logic. It also integrates with GitHub and Microsoft Teams.
What are the Parts Power Platform?
Power Platform is composed of four elements: automating processes (Power Automate), creating apps to simplify processes and tasks (Power Apps), analyzing data and maximizing its value (Power BI), and creating powerful virtual agents that automatically perform tasks or perform action when appropriate (Power Virtual Agents).
Power BI: Business Analytics
- Data is centralized and consolidated for a comprehensive view across the organization
- Ability to build interactive reports and dashboards that can be consumed online and across mobile devices based on ad-hoc analysis, live dashboards and live data.
- Build smart applications that use data insights to drive action
Power Apps: Application Development
- Develop highly customized task- and role-based canvas apps from individual or multiple sources of data
- Create immersive model-driven apps for the organization based on data model and business processes
- On any device, use fully accessible apps across web and mobile, embedded or standalone
Power Automate: Process Automation
- Streamline and automate business processes across all apps and services.
- Automations ranging from simple branches and loops to more complex scenarios.
- Receive alerts, approve actions, and receive approvals directly from your workspace.
- Automation of legacy, on-premises, and cloud applications and services.
Power Virtual Agents: Intelligent Virtual Agents
- Using a no-code graphical interface, an organization can build powerful virtual agents without needing to hire data scientists or software developers.
- Provide the virtual agent with authority to take action on behalf of customers. Create custom workflows for your virtual agent or easily integrate it with many services and workflows.
- Using conversational metrics and dashboards, monitor how virtual agent are performing while improving bot performance with in-depth AI insights.
Roles in Power Platform
With the right IT training and Microsoft certifications, a successful career in Power Platform can easily be accomplished. Power Platform roles are expected to increase in demand by 31% over the next five years. In addition to salaries ranging from $80,000 to $165,500, a career in Power Platform is a great investment for your IT career.
Those in the fundamentals role aspire to improve productivity by understanding and using the capabilities of Microsoft Power Platform.
The App Maker builds solutions to simplify, automate, and transform tasks and processes for themselves and their team where they have deep expertise in the solution business domain. They have basic data modeling, user experience design, requirements analysis, and process analysis skills. The App Maker creates and enforces business processes, structures digital collection of information, improves efficiency of repeatable tasks, and automates business processes.
A Microsoft Power Platform Functional Consultant is responsible for creating and configuring apps, automations, and solutions. They act as the liaison between users and the implementation team. The functional consultant promotes utilization of solutions within an organization. The functional consultant may perform discovery, engage subject matter experts and stakeholders, capture requirements, and map requirements to features. They implement components of a solution including application enhancements, custom user experiences, system integrations, data conversions, custom process automation, and simple visualizations.
Power Platform Developers design, develop, secure, and troubleshoot Power Platform solutions. They implement components of the solution that include application enhancements, custom user experience, system integrations, data conversions, custom process automation, and custom visualizations.
Solution architects for Power Platform lead successful implementations and focus on how solutions address the broader business and technical needs of organizations.
How to get Trained and Certified:
The first step in a successful career path is to get the appropriate training, which applies to software engineers, database administrators, data scientists and analysts, architects, or those new to IT.