CVP Development and Scripting – Part 1 (CVPDS-1) is part of the Cisco UCCE with CVP suite of Contact Centre training classes. This course teaches each student to use the features of Call Studio to build self-service IVR applications and to run and maintain them on the CVP VXML Server, and to interface with UCCE/ICM scripts.
Students have ample practice writing applications, using OAMP for put applications into production on the classroom VXML Server, and troubleshooting through log files analysis.
The knowledge and skills that the learner should have before attending this course are as follows:
- None (UCCE introduction strongly recommended)
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Introduction to the Java API, its capabilities and limitations
- Practice creating every different Java component to extend Studio (see below)
- Introduction to Voice Elements and their complexity
- This course is applicable for any version of CVP and Studio.
Who Should Attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Application Developers
- Sales and Pre-Sales
- Technical Support
- Project Managers
- Cisco customers, partners, and employees involved in UCCE/CVP or CVP Stand-alone deployments.