This fast paced, high energy, hands-on course provides not only the foundation needed for a top performing software defined datacenter, it also provides the latest in virtualization and cloud technologies which gives the engineer or administrator the knowledge and skills needed to design and manage the datacenter for tomorrow’s needs. This course will cover everything from design, installation, configuration, best practices, performance monitoring, and just about everything in between!
You will learn:
- Latest technologies in virtualization and cloud infrastructures
- Foundational concepts in virtualization and cloud technologies
- Designing your infrastructure for today and tomorrow
- How to install ESXi
- How to configure the virtual network with performance and security in mind
- How to configure storage with performance and security in mind
- How vCLI and PowerCLI can help do the job faster
- When to make use of advanced features such as DRS, DPM, Distributed Switches, Fault Tolerance and other key features
- How Multipathing to storage devices works and when it should be used
- How vMotion and SvMotion functions
- Hot to perform backups and what 3rd party tools work best
- How vVols can make a difference in your datacenter
Course Name: Certified Virtualization Engineer
Duration: 5 Days
Instructor Led Training
Instructor Led Online Training
Network+ Certification or Equivalent Knowledge
Two Years’ Experience with Microsoft or Linux Servers
Basic Virtualization/Cloud Knowledge
Student Workbook – 700+ Pages
Student Lab Guide – 300+ Pages
Certified Virtualization Engineer
Who Should Attend?
Virtualization and Cloud Administrators and Engineers, Virtualization and Cloud Security Engineers, System Administrators and Engineers
- Have learned the pros, cons, best practices, and skills of virtualization.
- Be able to design, secure, deploy, and manage virtual machines.
- Be ready to sit for the C)VE exam.
The Certified Virtualization Engineer exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. The cost is $500 USD and must be purchased from Mile2.com.
Module 1 – Software Defined Datacenter
Module 2 – Installing and Managing ESXi
Module 3 – Installing and Managing vCenter
Module 4 – Configuring and Managing a vSwitch
Module 5 – Configuring and Managing Storage
Module 6 – Configuring and Managing Virtual Machines
Module 7 – Configuring and Managing Distributed Switches
Module 8 – vSphere Management
Module 9 – Backup and Disaster Recovery Implementation and Management
Module 10 – vSphere Upgrading and Patch Management
Module 11- vSphere Monitoring and Performance
Module 12 – vSphere Native Security for Admins