This course is specifically designed to assist students in preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® exam, given by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
A powerful mix of a highly personalized five-day session combined with a complete on-demand course allows students focused time to learn and review the concepts and terms necessary to pass the PMP® exam. Included with the class are tips, tricks, exercises and targeted materials that will assist the student in reviewing for and passing the exam. A complete PMP® exam simulation at the end of the course helps students determine if they are ready to take the official exam, and gives them insight into specific areas they will need to study in order to succeed. Your Trainer will provide you with an Individualized Study Plan with step-by-step instructions for preparing for and taking the exam, along with a recommended target date based on the results of your exam simulation.
This course will also prepare students for the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® exam, which requires no experience and fewer hours of education for certification.
PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-RMP, PMBOK, and the PMI Registered Education Provider logo are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
o 5 day course
o PMP® Exam Prep courseware (sent to student prior to course including a Hard copy of the current PMBOK® Guide)
o Study materials
o PMP® eLearning Materials (120 day access)
– High-Quality Videos
– 2 Simulated Practice Exams
– Downloadable Study Guides
o PM Experience Worksheet (to assist with applying for the PMP Exam)
o Pre-course contact with Trainer
o Additional Course Materials
– PMP® Exam Prep flashcards
o Pre-course consultation (webinar or meeting) with PMP Exam Application Assistance, and study guidance
o 30 days of email assistance from a Trainer from the first day of the course
o Individualized Study Plan (ISP) at end of course, provided by Trainer outlining your readiness, and step-by-step guidance on what to do to pass the exam.
o Exam Pass Insurance for one retake available a la carte
o Course re-sit option (re-sit the class at no additional charge for up to six months after the original class)
o Up to 4 hours of Trainer coaching
o Exam Pass Insurance. If you do not pass the exam the first time following the ISP guidance, we will pay for the second and third exams. If you do not pass after three attempts, we will refund all of your course cost, excluding a $750 materials and administration fee.
Upon course completion, students will be able to:
- Articulate the requirements for the PMP® and/or CAPM® credential and the application process in sufficient detail to successfully complete the application process
- Define key project management terms and concepts in sufficient detail to align with the PMBOK®
- Identify and define the five Project Management Process Groups in sufficient detail to align with the PMBOK®
- Identify and define the ten Project Management Knowledge Areas, and the processes related to each one, with their related inputs, tools & techniques, and outputs in sufficient detail to align with the PMBOK®
- Articulate the Professional and Social Responsibilities of being a Project Management Professional® in sufficient detail to align with the PMI® Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Articulate keys to answering PMI’s® questions, tricks for exam-taking, and ways to effectively study to achieve success on the selected exam
- Apply their project management knowledge to situational questions to select the appropriate answer to achieve success on the selected exam
- Identify areas of project management knowledge weakness to allow for additional focused study
By the end of class:
- Articulate the requirements for the PMP® and/or CAPM® credential
- Successfully complete the credential application process
- Articulate the definition of key project management terms and concepts
- Articulate the Professional and Social Responsibilities that a Project Management Professional® must abide by
- Successfully build out the ‘rainbow chart’
- Achieve at least a 50% on end of knowledge area question reviews
- Achieve at least a 50% on the practice exam on the last day of class
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
- Professionals from any industry who wish to obtain the PMP® or CAPM® certification.
- Professionals who wish to advance their knowledge of Project Management as defined by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®.
For PMP® Certification: 4500 hours of PM experience over the past eight years (for holders of a baccalaureate degree or higher) or, 7,500 hours of PM experience over the past eight years (for high school graduates, associates’ degree or the global equivalent)
For CAPM® Certification: Secondary degree (high school diploma, associates’ degree or the global equivalent) and 23 hours of project management education completed by the time you sit for the exam
A complete package that provides all that you need to prepare for the course, and know that you are ready to pass the first time!
- PMP® Exam Preparation Study Guide
- PMP® Online Exam Prep Materials (120 day access), including High Quality Videos, 2 Full-Length Practice Exams, Downloadable Study Guides, Chapter Tests, Terms and Concepts
- Condensed, highly effective study materials to accelerate your understanding of the material needed on the exam