Windows Group Policy is a great tool that every IT Pro should utilize. In order to get the most out of what it has to offer, education on its various functionalities and solutions is important. IT Systems Administrators are faced with the complex challenges of managing and maintaining an organization’s IT infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to, task such as:
- Installing, supporting and maintaining servers or other computer systems
- Planning for and responding to service outages and other infrastructure problems
- Scripting or light programming
- Project management for systems-related projects
- Supervising or training computer operators
- Being the consultant for computer problems beyond the knowledge of technical support staff.
To perform his or her job well, a system administrator must demonstrate a blend of technical skills and responsibility. As an administrator, Group Policy is one way to increase your productivity on the job. It’s the infrastructure that allows administrators to implement change quickly and affect large numbers of users and computers on the object level through Active Directory.
Windows Server 2008 Group Policy makes things simpler
Group Policy is a feature of the Microsoft Windows family of operating systems that control the working environment of user accounts and computer accounts. It provides the centralized management and configuration of operating systems, applications, and users’ settings in an Active Directory environment. System administrators rely on it to secure and lock down their Windows environment. Understanding how to implement and manage group policy can certainly make life easier, from deploying new software, to setting printer defaults, there are so many options to simplify IT infrastructure management tasks. By using Group Policy, businesses can:
- Reduce costs
- Control configurations
- Keep users productive and happy
- Harden security
Does this sound like a solution for your business? Do you want to learn more about using Windows group policies?
Why should you take Microsoft class #50255?
Microsoft Official Course (MOC) 50255: Managing, Maintaining, and Securing Your Networks Through Group Policy, is a 4 day course where you will discover how to consolidate the administration of an enterprise IT infrastructure with Group Policy. In this course, you will learn to control and manage computer systems and domain users running Windows Server 2003, Server 2008, XP, and Vista. You will learn to create Group Policies, implement administrative and security templates, and determine best practices when deploying software packages. Walk away with the experience and tools needed to optimize your enterprise systems and networks.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design and deploy security policies for all your Windows 2003/2008 servers, workstations, member servers, XP, and Vista clients
- Delegate Administrative Control of Group Policies
- Back up and restore Group Policy Objects (GPOs) through Group Policy Management Console (GPMC)
- Easily roll out selected software updates and operating system patches from your network environment
- Tips for troubleshooting Group
Upcoming Windows Server Group Policy Training Classes
MOC 50255 is on our upcoming schedule, running July 8th – July 11th. There is still time to register for this class, so visit our website or contact your TechSherpas Rep. Other class dates are available.
We also offer a list of other Windows Server classes, including:
- 40365: Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- 10325: Automating Administration with Windows PowerShell 2.0
- 20411: Administering Windows Server 2012
- 20417: Upgrading your skills to MCSA Windows Server 2012
- 20412: Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services
- 20410: Installing & Configuring Windows Server 2012
- 20414: Implementing an Advanced Server Infrastructure