Course Duration: 7 hours 19 minutes
This CompTIA Cloud Overview On-Demand Course includes:
- EXPERT INSTRUCTOR-LED TRAINING: Finest instructors in the IT industry with a minimum of 15 years, real-world experience and are subject matter experts in their fields
- VISUAL DEMONSTRATIONS & MULTIMEDIA PRESENTATIONS: Instructor-led demonstrations and visual presentations that allow students to develop their skills based on real world scenarios explained by the instructor.
- QUIZZES & EXAM SIMULATORS: Custom practice exams prepare you more effectively than the traditional exam preps on the market. Practice quizzes after each module ensures confidence on the topic before proceeding.
- SOCIAL LEARNING & NETWORKING: World class Learning Management System (LMS) which allows you to interact and collaborate with other students, form study groups, engage in discussions, rate different courses and stay up to date with all the latest industry knowledge.
- FLASH CARDS & EDUCATIONAL GAMES: Every Student learns differently. That is why we provide Flash Cards and Education Games throughout our courses. Allowing students to train in ways that keep them engaged and focused.
Choose the On-Demand Package that best fits your learning and certification needs:
- Includes digital license for official vendor courseware
- 1-year access to instructor lecture video (based on availability)
- 1-year access to hands-on exercises, labs, games and practice tests*
- Email Help Desk Support
- *Practice tests and/or labs may not be available for certain courses
- Standard Package plus:
- Premium Certification Prep Package:
- Lifetime License to premium online test simulator
- Official Exam Voucher
- 3 hours of Instructor Time:
- One-on-one live instructor time geared towards your specific needs
- Scheduled in 1-hour increments
The CompTIA Cloud Essential certification is applicable to a wide range of IT professionals. This course is geared towards IT professionals currently in or looking for positions as IT consultants, IT technical services, IT relationship managers, IT architects, consultants and business process owners analysts.This course is the first step on a training path that leads to a technical career in cloud computing.
Module 1: Characteristics of Cloud Services from a Business Perspective
1.1 Understand common terms and definitions of cloud computing and provide examples.
1.2 Describe the relationship between cloud computing and virtualization.
1.3 Name early examples of cloud computing.
1.4 Understand several common definitions of cloud computing and their commonalities/differences.
1.5 Recognize what types organizations might benefit from cloud computing.
1.6 Recognize what types organizations might not benefit from cloud computing.
1.7 Distinguish between the different types of clouds, including XaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and give examples of them.
Module 2: Cloud Computing and Business Value
2.1 Recognize the similarities and differences between cloud computing and outsourcing.
2.2 Understand the following characteristics of clouds and cloud services from a business perspective.
2.3 Demonstrate how the characteristics of cloud computing enhance business value.
Module 3: Technical Perspectives/Cloud Types
3.1 Understand the difference between private and public types of clouds from a technical perspective and provide examples.
3.2 Understand at a high level the following important techniques and methods for cloud computing deployment.
3.3 Explain technical challenges and risks for cloud computing and methods to mitigate them for.
3.4 Describe the impact of cloud computing on application architecture and the application-development process.
Module 4: Steps to Successful Adoption of Cloud
4.1 Explain typical steps that lead to a successful adoption of cloud computing services.
4.2 Understand the roles and capabilities of cloud computing vendors and dependencies on the vendors.
4.3 Understand the following organizational capabilities that are relevant for realizing cloud benefits.
4.4 Describe multiple approaches for migrating applications.
Module 5: Impact and Changes of Cloud Computing on IT Service Management
5.1 Understand the impact and changes cloud computing on IT service management in a typical organization.
5.2 Use a structured approach based on ITIL to explore the potential impact of cloud computing in your organization.
Module 6: Risks and Consequences of Cloud Computing
6.1 Explain and identify the issues associated with integrating cloud computing into an organization’s existing compliance risk and regulatory framework.
6.2 Explain the implications for direct cost and cost allocations.
6.3 Understand how to maintain strategic flexibility.