Mile2’s Certified Security Principles+ course provides the skills necessary to apply and implement technical knowledge of security concepts in today’s security environment. Students will gain an in‐depth knowledge of systems security, access control, network infrastructure, assessments and audits, cryptography and organizational security across all vendor products. These skills have become increasingly important, as additional safeguards such as intrusion detection systems, physical access control and multi‐factor authentication become standard methods of protection. Students are given real world scenarios to reinforce the material covered and will learn how to apply the concepts to their daily operations.
• Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security.
• Identify security threats and vulnerabilities.
• Manage data, application, and host security.
• Implement network security.
• Identify and implement access control and account management security measures.
• Manage certificates.
• Identify and implement compliance and operational security measures.
• Manage risk.
• Troubleshoot and manage security incidents.
• Plan for business continuity and disaster recovery.
Upon completion, the Certified Security Principles+ candidate will not only be able to competently take the CSP+ exam but will also understand basic cyber security knowledge to keep companies’ IP and IT infrastructure safe.
The Certified Security Principles+ exam is taken online through Mile2’s Assessment and Certification System (“MACS”), which is accessible on your mile2.com account. The exam will take 2 hours and consist of 100 multiple choice questions. The cost is $400 USD and must be purchased from Mile2.com.