About On-Demand Learning
TechSherpas 365’s On-Demand courses provide you with access to official courseware materials and hands-on labs, empowering you to learn at your own pace. On-Demand allows you to design your training around your schedule, budget, and individual learning needs.
On-Demand Learning is a perfect solution for students who are unable to attend traditional instructor-led training due to schedule constraints. You receive the same materials and labs as an instructor-led course, with the added convenience of flexible scheduling and a lower price tag.
This On-Demand Course Includes:
- Official Courseware License
- Hands-on Exercises/Labs
- Certification Package:
- Practice exam
- official certification exam
This Service Transition (ST) course provides you with an intense and focused exploration of the new and modified topics in ITIL® 2011. The course is intended for those who work within a Service Transition environment and require a deeper understanding of the underlying concepts, processes and activities involved and associated management responsibilities and how they may be used to enhance overall service quality and service provision. The course focuses on the managerial and control aspects of the operational environment. It has a number of study units and supporting exercises that reinforce the knowledge gained.
In This Course You Will Learn:
- Discuss the Service Lifecycle and Service Management as a Practice: Understand the Service Lifecycle and the objectives and business value for each phase in the lifecycle; understand and articulate “service” and be able to explain the concept of Service Management as a practice
- Identify basic Service Transition Principles: Understand the common principles and guidelines that will influence the performance of ST processes with a concentrated focus on managing the plan, build, test and implementation activities
- Explain Service Design Processes: Understand the managerial and supervisory aspects of the ST processes. Other areas of discussion include the roles and responsibilities, challenges, critical success factors and risks within each of the processes. The processes include:
- Transition Planning and Support
- Change Management
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Service Validation and Testing
- Change Evaluation
- Knowledge Management
- Organize Service Transition: Understand the role and the responsibilities of each of the activities and their input to all lifecycle phases; managing people through the transition activities; improving the transition activities
- Explore Technology and Implementation Considerations: Understand the role of technology to Service Transition and explore concepts that have great impact on ST process implementation
ITIL® Foundations training is required prior to taking this course and it is highly recommended that all ITIL Intermediate Candidates have 2 to 4 years of Service Management Experience. If you plan on taking the ITIL® 2011: Service Transition certification exam, then you must have taken and passed the ITIL® Foundations exam (or v2, v3 or 2011equivalent) and present the certificate to the testing organization in order to sit for this exam.
Before attending training for the certification it is also strongly recommended that candidates read the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications and, in particular, the ITIL Service Transition publication.