Knowledge is power. No matter how much experience you have, or how many degrees you have, there is always something new to learn. Whatever skill set you are learning, you typically start with the basics, and once those are mastered, you move to a deeper understanding, and if you’re really good can even make expert status. IT professionals are no different when it comes to mastering skill sets, and their skill sets must actually be updated frequently as technologies are constantly evolving. Windows 8 is the latest operating system released by Microsoft, but its predecessor Windows 7 is still widely utilized for both personal and business computers. In fact, it made history as the fastest selling Microsoft system back in 2009, and based on usage statistics from various organizations, usage is currently higher for Windows 7. Because of its popularity, we are featuring two Windows 7 training classes this week for all you IT Pros. This means you can take these courses at a special rate. Microsoft courses 50292 and 6292 are courses worth exploring for those who are thinking of Windows 7 deployment, as well as those who are already using the system, but want a more solid foundation and understanding of all its functionalities.
Class 50292: Administering & Maintaining Windows 7
This is a five-day instructor-led course that will provide enterprise-level IT professionals with the knowledge and skills to successfully install, maintain, and troubleshoot Windows 7 computers. You will learn how Windows 7 allows for vast improvements to security, overall system performance, and deployment. Once you have completed this IT training course, you will achieve rock star status with the ability to provide your organization with the following solutions:
- Successful configuration of the IT Pro tools and applications
- Identify technical problems that can occur on your organization’s client computers
- Discover the Windows 7 tools used to monitor and maintain those computers
- Successfully navigate the five main troubleshooting areas: operating system, hardware, networking, security, and applications.
Class 6292: Installing & Configuring Windows 7 Client
Many organizations have converted to Windows 7, but not everyone. For those who haven’t, and are interested in learning how to do it, Class 6292 is for you. In this IT training course, you will learn about Windows 7 deployment, learn to evaluate installation and migration, investigate security features, and learn to configure for the client environment. If you’re an IT professional looking to receive a Microsoft certification, which is highly recommended if you are pursuing a career in IT infrastructure, then this course will also prepare you for the Exam 70-680.
This three-day instructor-led course is intended for IT professionals who are interested in expanding their knowledge base and technical skills about Windows 7 Client. In this course, IT professionals will acquire a deep technical knowledge of Windows 7 technologies. They will learn how to:
- Install, upgrade, and migrate to Windows 7 client.
- Configure Windows 7 client for network connectivity, security, maintenance, and mobile computing.
Upcoming Windows 7 Training Classes
Both courses, 50292 and 6292, are Guaranteed-to-Run during the week of 7/22. There is still time to register for these classes, and receive a 10% discount. You can visit the 50292 or 6292 course page to register, or contact your TechSherpas Rep. Be sure to mentioned Promo Code FCwin10 to receive your special rate for your courses running the week of 7/22.
We also offer a list of other Windows 7 & Windows 8 classes, including:
- 50218: Windows 7 Training for Developers
- 50331: Windows 7 Enterprise Desktop Support Technician
- 6294: Planning and Managing Windows 7 Desktop Deployments and Environments
- 20689: Upgrading Your Skills To MCSA Windows 8
- 20688: Managing and Maintaining Windows 8
- 20687: Configuring Windows 8