About On-Demand Learning
TechSherpas 365’s On-Demand courses provide you with access to official courseware materials and hands-on labs, empowering you to learn at your own pace. On-Demand allows you to design your training around your schedule, budget, and individual learning needs.
On-Demand Learning is a perfect solution for students who are unable to attend traditional instructor-led training due to schedule constraints. You receive the same materials and labs as an instructor-led course, with the added convenience of flexible scheduling and a lower price tag.
This On-Demand Course Includes:
- Official Courseware License
- Hands-on Exercises/Labs
- Certification Package:
- Practice exam
- official certification exam
Service Operation (SO) provides you with an intense and focused exploration of the new and modified topics in ITIL® 2011. The course is intended for those who work within a Service Operation environment and require a deeper understanding of the underlying concepts, processes/functions and activities involved and management responsibilities and how they may be used to enhance overall service quality and service provision. The course focuses on the managerial and control aspects of the operational environment.
In This Course You Will Learn:
- Discuss the Service Lifecycle and Service Management as a Practice: Understand the Service Lifecycle and the objectives and business value for each phase in the lifecycle; understand and articulate “service” and be able to explain the concept of Service Management as a practice
- Explain the basic Service Operation Principles: Understand common principles and guidelines that influence the performance of SO processes/functions with a focus on operational support and improvement activities
- Identify Service Operation Processes & Functions: Understand the managerial and supervisory aspects of the SO processes as well as the operational activities shared across the lifecycle. Other areas of discussion include the roles and responsibilities, challenges, critical success factors and risks within each of the processes. The processes and function (in italics) include:
- Event Management
- Incident Management
- Request Fulfillment
- Problem Management
- Access Management
- Service Desk
- Technical Management
- IT Operations Management (IT Operations Control, Facilities Management)
- Application Management
- Discuss common Service Operation activities: Understand the role and the responsibilities of each of the activities (e.g., Monitoring and Control, Network Management, Storage and Archive, Desktop Support, Middleware Management, etc…) and their input to all lifecycle phases
- Explore Technology and Implementation Considerations: Understand the role of technology to Service Operation and explore concepts that have great impact on SO process/function implementation
ITIL® Foundations training is required prior to taking this course and it is highly recommended that all ITIL Intermediate Candidates have 2 to 4 years of Service Management Experience. If you plan on taking the ITIL® 2011: Service Operation certification exam, then you must have taken and passed the ITIL® Foundations exam (or v2, v3 or 2011equivalent) and present the certificate to the testing organization in order to sit for this exam.
Before attending training for the certification it is also strongly recommended that candidates read the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications and, in particular, the ITIL Service Operation publications.