CompTIA Network+ Certification (N10-008) builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks, adding fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to advance in a networking career. As such, it focuses on the content described in the exam objectives for the CompTIA Network+ certification.
Earning CompTIA’s Network+ certification increases your value in the marketplace by providing proof of your knowledge, skills, and ability to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate, and configure a basic network infrastructure in a vendor-neutral format.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
CompTIA Network+ Certification (N10-008) is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration. In particular, the following individuals will benefit from this course:
- IT personnel who need a solid foundation in networking
- Managers and supervisors who must oversee network-related activities
- Individuals interested in pursuing the CompTIA Network+ certification exam N10-008
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Describe the features of different network protocols and products for LANs, WANs, and wireless networks
- Understand the functions and features of TCP/IP addressing and protocols
- Identify threats to network security and appropriate countermeasures and controls
- Install and configure network cabling and appliances
- Manage, monitor, and troubleshoot networks
Regardless of whether you have passed A+, it is recommended that you have the following skills and knowledge before starting this course:
- Configure and support PC, laptop, mobile (smartphone / tablet), and print devices.
- Know basic network terminology and functions (such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, switches, routers).
- Configure and manage users, groups, and shared resources in a simple SOHO network.
- Understand the use of basic access control measures, such as authentication, security policy, encryption, and firewalls.
- Understand TCP/IP addressing, core protocols and troubleshooting tools.
- CompTIA A+ Certification