In this course you’ll learn how to troubleshoot security events and incidents, and operate within applicable policies, laws, and regulations.
Provide infrastructure, application, information, and operational security by identifying and mitigating risks. CompTIA’s Security+ is a vendor neutral certification developed with input from industry, government, academia and front-line practitioners.
You’ll learn about the following CompTIA Security+ topics:
- Attacks, Threats, and Vulnerabilities
- Architecture and Design
- Operations and Incident Response
- Governance, Risk, and Compliance
This course supports a certification that is a DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification and meets DoD 8140/8570 training requirements.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Network Administrators
- Cybersecurity Associates
- IT personnel interested in pursuing a career in cybersecurity
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Compare Security Roles and Security Controls
- Explain Threat Actors and Threat Intelligence
- Perform Security Assessments
- Identify Social Engineering and Malware
- Summarize Basic Cryptographic Concepts
- Implement Public Key Infrastructure
- Implement Authentication Controls
- Implement Identity and Account Management Controls
- Implement Secure Network Designs
- Implement Network Security Appliances
- Implement Secure Network Protocols
- Implement Host Security Solutions
- Implement Secure Mobile Solutions
- Summarize Secure Application Concepts
- Implement Secure Cloud Solutions
- Explain Data Privacy and Protection Concepts
- Perform Incident Response
- Explain Digital Forensics
- Summarize Risk Management Concepts
- Implement Cybersecurity Resilience
- Explain Physical Security
This course assumes basic knowledge of using and maintaining individual workstations.
Attendees should be CompTIA A+ certified (or have equivalent experience) and CompTIA Network+ certified (or have equivalent experience) with 2-3 years networking experience.