About On-Demand Learning
TechSherpas 365’s On-Demand courses provide you with access to official courseware materials and hands-on labs, empowering you to learn at your own pace. On-Demand allows you to design your training around your schedule, budget, and individual learning needs.
On-Demand Learning is a perfect solution for students who are unable to attend traditional instructor-led training due to schedule constraints. You receive the same materials and labs as an instructor-led course, with the added convenience of flexible scheduling and a lower price tag.
This On-Demand Course Includes:
- Official Courseware License
- Hands-on Exercises/Labs
- Certification Package:
- Practice exam
- official certification exam
The ITIL Intermediate Qualification: Release, Control and Validation (RCV) Certificate is a freestanding qualification, but is also part of the ITIL Intermediate Capability stream, and one of the modules that leads to the ITIL Expert in IT Service Management Certificate. The purpose of this training course and the associated exam and certificate is, respectively, to impart, test, and validate the knowledge on industry practices in Service Management as documented in the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications.
In This Course You Will Learn:
- The importance of Service Management as a Practice concept and Service Transition Principles, Purpose and Objective
- The importance of ITIL® Release, Control and Validation while providing service
- How all processes in ITIL® Release, Control and Validation interact with other Service Lifecycle Processes
- What are the processes, activities, methods and functions used in each of the ITIL® Release, Control and Validation processes
- How to use the ITIL® Release, Control and Validation processes, activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure ITIL® Release, Control and Validation
- The importance of IT Security and its contributions to ITIL® Release, Control and Validation
- The technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL® Release, Control and Validation
- Change Management as a capability to realize successful service transition
- Service Validation and Testing as a capability to assure the integrity and the quality of service transition
- Service Asset and Configuration Management as a capability to monitor the state of service transition
- Knowledge Management as part of enhancing the on-going management decision support and service delivery capability
- Request Fulfillment and Evaluation to assure meeting committed service level performance
- Release Control and Validation process roles and responsibilities
- Technology and Implementation Considerations
- Challenges, Critical Success Factors and Risks associated to ITIL® Release, Control and Validation
ITIL® Foundations training is required prior to taking this course and it is highly recommended that all ITIL Intermediate Candidates have 2 to 4 years of Service Management Experience. If you plan on taking the ITIL® 2011: Release, Control and Validation certification exam, you must have taken and passed the ITIL® Foundations exam (or v2, 2007 or 2011 equivalent) and present the certificate to the testing organization in order to sit for this exam.
Before attending training for the certification it is also strongly recommended that candidates read the ITIL Service Lifecycle core publications and, in particular, the ITIL Service Transition and ITIL Service Operation publications.