Let’s face it- We’re living in a virtual world, now, more than ever before. Social distancing is the new norm, and everything from gym classes to conferences to happy hour with friends is being taken online. Current climate aside, Instructor-Led Virtual Live Training (VLT) has been around for decades, and in recent years it has surpassed other delivery methods to become the leading learning option for IT professionals. Major technological advancements in the past 5 years, including widespread adoption of the Cloud, as well as changes to how people work and live, have contributed to the rising popularity of VLT.
There are a multitude of reasons an increasing number of IT pros are choosing VLT as their preferred learning method. Since 1995, TechSherpas 365 has provided virtual training to thousands of students. We’ve surveyed our students and instructors and compiled a list of the Top 5 Advantages of Virtual Live Training:
1) Best of All Worlds
- VLT enables you to experience the benefits of both traditional classroom and on-demand training rolled into one:
- Access to same courseware materials, hands-on labs, test prep as a traditional in-classroom course.
- Training is still live, instructor-led and interactive, just like in-classroom training, you just can’t high 5 the instructor at the end of the day.
- In addition to benefiting from live training, the sessions are recorded so you have the added bonus of being able to revisit specific modules, days, or even the whole class at a later time if needed.
- Earning your certification? Even your official exam can be virtually proctored – No need to go to a physical test center.
2) Convenience & Ease of Attendance
- Attend from the comfort and convenience of your home, office, or location of your choice. No need for costly travel or time-consuming commutes.
- In addition to saving time on travel, you can opt to attend a class in a different time zone. This can add flexibility to your schedule, by allowing you to start training earlier or later in the day, giving you hours before or after training to attend to other work or personal tasks and priorities.
- VLT enables students with physical handicaps and social anxiety to receive the training and certifications they need, while removing common obstacles to attending a live, instructor-led course.
3) Seamless Technology
- Our Virtual Live Training technology platform is so easy and seamless. The only requirements on your end are a pc/laptop and a good internet connection.
- All materials and labs are in the cloud; no need to install any special software or programs.
4) Enhanced Features
- VLT offers many enhanced and added features that you don’t get from traditional in-classroom or on-demand courses, such as:
- Live chat – Chat one-on-one with the instructor and/or other students, as well as participate in group chat. Have a question, but don’t want to disrupt the lecture? You can ‘raise your hand’ in the chat, or simply type out your question in the chat so the instructor can address it at the next stopping point.
- Document sharing – Download and upload files and documents. Take advantage of collaborative documents to share class notes, etc.
- Class recording – the sessions are recorded so you have the added bonus of being able to revisit specific modules, days, or even the whole class at a later time if needed.
- Screen sharing – Share your screen with the rest of the class or with just the instructor, if you’d like. Need help with a lab? You can also give the instructor permission to take over control for assistance.
- Audio and Video – Just like a traditional in-classroom course, VLT offers video and audio options so you can see, hear, and interact with other students and the instructor. Bad hair day, attending training in your pajamas, like listening to rock n’ roll while you’re learning? You also have the ability to turn your video off/mute your audio- which can be a handy option you can’t get from an in-classroom course.
5) Social Engagement
- VLT enables you to engage and interact with your peers both during and after class hours.
- Learn through other student’s background and experiences by participating in class discussions and group activities.
- Choose to participate in after-hours study sessions, meet ups and group chats.
- Stay connected after training ends through our social channel.
- VLT removes geographical and cultural barriers, empowering students to connect with peers with similar roles and interests they would have never had the opportunity to meet through traditional in-classroom training.
TechSherpas 365 offers 100s of IT courses in today’s most popular software and technologies such as Amazon Web Services, Cisco, CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, VMware and more. All of our instructor-led dates offer the VLT attendance option. Don’t allow the current climate of ‘social distancing’ to prevent you from upgrading your tech skills, experience and certification… Join thousands of other IT professionals and register for your next training course via Instructor-Led Virtual Live Training (VLT)… Get Trained, Get Certified, Get Going!